Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Up Late!

We were in the McGrath checkpoint for hours. It was really fun and interesting to see so many mushers coming in in such a little time. We were there from about 4 to 11 pm watching and working there. And at least 20 mushers came in in that time. Martin Buser was first, followed by Lance Mackey, then Sebastian Schnuelle. I really wanted Schnuelle's autograph, but he was wanting to get out of there really fast. I got autographs of pretty much half of the ones that came through, including: Mike Williams, Jr, John Baker, Sonny Lidner, and a few more.

Over all the whole time was very fun. When there wasn't any mushers in sight, we just jumped around in the snow... At the end of the night, I was super tired, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.

Today, we did more volunteer work at the checkpoint. It was pretty fun doing things that normal people normally couldn't. I got to talk to Cain Carter when we were petting his dropped dog, Milo, I believe it was.

We saw Ed Stielstra come through, he went went on his way, but I got his signature too, and also this video of him leaving the checkpoint:




No comments: