Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Meeting Cain Carter (Lance Mackey's son)


Interview with musher Cain Carter

How has the trail been so far?
The trail has been very good and very maintained.

What happened with your dogs when you tried to leave McGrath?
We dropped down on the lake and the dogs hadn't gotten enough rest yet. It had been very warm out and the dogs were too hot out in the sun.

We heard you don't have any lead dogs anymore, what does that mean to you?
It was disappointing because I had trained the leader all season long, and then I had to drop him early in the race.

Do you ever work at your fathers kennel for your regular job?
I work there everyday because I live there with him. I help Lance do everything around the kennel so the dogs stay healthy for the race.

Today I helped out a lot at the checkpoint from carrying big heavy bags of dog food from place to place to washing dishes in the upstairs kitchen. I had a lot of fun helping out today!

No comments: